Saturday, May 31, 2008

ME, A MAn and Her

Is Life is all about... just closing ur eyes when u don't want see something or everything ???
Many times in our lives we have to see and witness so many incidents where we experience helplessness, hatred, flare, sorrow, agony.... In such times, mostly we close our eyes and pretend that nothing unusual is happening around us.. But closing our eyes does not solves the problem... actually problem remains there and we AVOID it... why do we do that?? Coz we don’t care? or WE are not responsible? or we are Scared?? ........ yes May be that’s the answer.. we are scared........
It was Saturday... I was going home from Ghatkoper... I was late...Ghatkoper is little creepy when u are alone you feel more threatened.. its quite shabby and stuffy...near station the red light area is more dingy.. while walking u can see the prostitutes waiting for their customers, those shabby huts with that dark yellow coloured bulbs.. smell of cigarettes in the air, some bojhpuri songs and visual torture of bright colours and panipuri thelas.. so many confusing lanes and vehicles trying to cut the traffic.. a complete chaos... I looked at watch...9.15 ..shit I am late I thought.. called up my mom and I was talking with her.... and then I heard a big sound and scream.. and noise…. said bye to mom and turned back...I saw so many people were gathered just behind me....as I am curious person.. I went to see what happened... but before that, actually I guessed ""it was an accident"" as usual... I peeped in and I saw blood everywhere.. and for the first time in my whole day and I felt that much desired chilling silence which was unbearable right now ..... me and other onlookers were just looking... everybody was stunned and scared... vehicle was smashed by truck.. disfigured...and people were looking at the guy in that rick he was alive but his world was shattered.. I felt was able hear his little breathing or I was delusional ….. I don’t know....suddenly one guy came and removed  him from the battered ric just as we remove anything from the box ..I looked at him and felt more sick , he was wearing shabby shirt and half pant. his mouth was red as if he was eating paan and he was very thin and black .his white hair were giving him haunted look….but his energy was tremendous
ahhh... the rickshawala was wrapped in blood coat... his face was half covered with bruises and dark blackish marks ... his arm was broken... that man in shabby shirt screamed... he tried to pull him up but it was not possible as his one leg was stuck... nobody was helping him and after 10 min he pulled him out.. some lady told somebody called for an ambulance.. the man in shabby shirt shouted that he needs big cloth to tie rickshawala's hand... he screamed again and suddenly I realized that ... nobody was there ....me two ladies and five guys... suddenly everybody disappeared…. specially that lady who was giving instruction for calling help before..... I was there without doing anything... and that other female besides me removed her dupatta and gave to him... I saw him looking at her after removing her dupatta and she smiled and I realized who she was…. she was wearing blue ghagra and golden choli, painted her lips with dark red lipstick, gajra in her hair, rainbow coloured bangels in hand, nails painted in pink colour... but that time for me and that man with broken arm, she was an Angel....and others who left were humans like me.....she looked at me and told "AE bai ja tu yhanse ye to roz ka hai.."... suddenly she made me realised that .... and the I  felt sick and tired.. I turned back and closed my eyes for while and started walking...at one bend I looked back and saw that man and the bloodstained man was sitting.. There was no sign of ambulance...that female was smoking cigarette.. Some people were just giving a look at them and passing by..others were avoiding it...... and I left..  In the train I closed my eyes and diverted my thoughts to something else...Why?? WHY??... Till today when I go to Ghatkoper I can see them sitting on that same footpath for an ambulance.... I closed my eyes every time but they are there in my mind...till today..
Yesterday I went to Ghatkoper.. It was Saturday...

4 comments:

Umme Salma Kandoriwala said...

You can never judge any one...Manier times the most so called sophisticated people have a shallow soul..sad..but true...

Mixed..Feelings said...

ya...thats true umme

CRD said...

i guess any human with a conscience wud do tht. no human can watch another dying and no tdo anything when they know they can help..

the other ladies mebbe diunt help coz they werent from tht area and dint want to compromise on their own safety. self preservation is human tendency.
the prostitute knew she cud help
coz she knew the area and belonged there. so it was easier for her to help. so dont feel guilty. however i must say her action shud be appreciated

Mixed..Feelings said...

ya chriss i know that...but i got stunned...i feel guilty stil..but then it changed me a lot..now i help dont think..