Friday, May 2, 2008

Total Mess!!

I know this post of mine will be a total mess... what I am feeling right now, I don't even know... but I want resolve some questions which are coming to my mind.... our life revolves around our friends, family, work, hobbies and passions.... But our life is dependent on some people.... Rather I would say "one" person who makes us forget everything I mentioned above...sorry to disappoint you I am not talking about Boyfriend/ Girl friend...
Before I start, I want to quote Kahlil Gibran here "At that moment She became dearer than a friend and closer than a sister and more beloved than a sweetheart. She became a supreme thought, a beautiful, an overpowering emotion living in my spirit....
Of course I know he was talking about the women he loved... and I am not talking about love... but that doesn't change anything.. I believe his words.. They enlighten me always, that one person can become center of your life and you are not able to define the relationship with that person…
And what if that person with whom you feel so connected... do not Reciprocate.... what you will do?...what happens with you?... if it was not meant to be then why yours paths were crossed... why?? And if after sometime that person says "you are becoming too much dependent on me"…what you will say? No or Yes?? It’s a real dilemma What if the answer is Yes from your side… and on top of that u tell that person that u cannot live without that person…
Big Mistake!!!…I have learned that some people don’t like you being dependent on them.. it’ s true really…
Question arises "why we become dependent on others?"… Big question, isn’t it?
We are dependent on other people for meeting some of our needs.
Such as emotional, intellectual, social, financial and physical, these needs reminds me the famous Maslow’s need hierarchy, where he talks about basic needs like physiological, safety, love, affection, belongingness …
So we become dependent on others, due to Fear of loneliness or we hold on desperately to others to give our life meaning and direction, self worthlessness, inspiration, confusing ourselves between sympathy and love, support, nurturance, direction, lack of belief in oneself, fear making wrong direction in life…..
Once we become dependent on somebody, we tend to weave our lives according to that person, we do everything that person likes, don't do everything he/she dislikes. we tend to share every moment of life....with that person..

We don't realise that time, that actually we are intruding somebody elses personal life..as it is not two- way affair........but, Do we Stop Expecting From them ? Do we want this relationship unconditional? Do we only give and do not ask anything from them? What we do when they ignore us?

So ur love, affection, care, feelings, prayers, hopes, desires, dreams and every emotion which u show for that person becomes "Overdependance" for him/ her...

No comments: